STOP 7 | Sicily: Home Sweet Home + little Health concern

Dedicated to my best friend, who I hope will come back, one day, with or without my efforts. And to my grandma, who I believe is looking after me from the skies.


Going to Sicily is always strange to me, as paradoxically I feel a way less free/autonomous compared to everywhere else in the world, also because my parents treat me like a kid sometimes, due to our scattered and disjoint past. And I am trying to educate them and to educate myself as well.

First few days were kinda weird. I had planned to do many things, but then decided to #takelifeasitcomes and rest and relax, as it has been intense traveling around the world (almost) for the past couple of months.

Soon after I arrived that night, I brought mom and my cousin Aurora for dinner in the restaurant where my dad is helping out. I then went to say Hi to my famous influencer friend: Martina dell'Ombra! We did elementary and middle school together and we were close friends at that time. We often find the way to meet up while traveling across Italy and beyond.



I slept in the following day, but then I went to the flower shop to buy some flowers: in all these years I had never gone to the cemetery alone to my grandma. And I brought her 9 roses: white, white and pink and pink, as she loved.
My grandma grew me up, she was as a second mom to me, and many times a first one. She passed away 15 years ago and I still remember the last time I saw her eyes, from the ICU window: I will always bring her eyes with me. I cannot hold my tears while thinking about her.
It was August 17th 2006 and it was heartbreaking. She was suffering and I still think it was the best thing it could have happened for her instead of suffering, but feeling the sorrow and pain of my grandpa, my mom and my uncles, it was tough, really tough. One of the worst experiences in life is when you can touch other people's pain with your heart and your soul can feel the breeze of others' agony..



I promised her I would bring her food and care when I was an adult, and I had never have the chance to do so. But I know she is looking after me from the skies and selfishly, I always ask her to keep giving me relief from life.


After this emotional moment, I went to my brother's to see my nephew and niece and give them the gift I brought them from Morocco.



And finally I went to say Hi to my grandpa, my lovely stubborn 92 years old grandpa who I love with all my heart and who has been a dad to me. I am still one of the few people able to calm him down and to listen to him and let him talk, while he makes all his 5 kids going crazy, every now and then.



And then spent time on my beautiful beach, before babysitting nephew, niece and little cousins all together :)




During the evening the red moon stared at me from the beach, and it was a beautiful moment, I took the chance to drive along the Jonic costs with my friend and my cousin.


The plan for the following day was to go to Taormina at some point, but apparently rain was following me, like in Barcelona.


I manage to book an ecography for an issue I discovered in my neck, that could be bad, but thankfully everything turned out for the best - despite me being socking wet before entering the doctor's office.

And for dinner, I enjoyed the company of my extended family with the little kids. I can eat pizza with specific ingredients for the Post-Diet, so I really enjoyed it 😋



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP 10 | Belize: snorkeling with the sharks in the Caribbean, eating lobsters + the Blue Hole

STOP 3 | Israel: Visiting TelAviv + Getting Ready for the Dig