STOP 3 | Israel: Visiting TelAviv + Getting Ready for the Dig

I want to be free

I still didn't realize this morning I could go out. My quarantine lasted less than 24h, thanks to the amazing work of Telaviv-doctor. Last night I spend a good couple of hours in booking a lot of Viator experiences that turned out to be all cancelled. Israel and Tel-Aviv are open - despite Covid - however they are official not open for foreign tourism, so in the big cities you can find either Israelis traveling or "leftover" from other immigration statuses (e.g. visas): not a lot for touristic companies that cannot reach a critical mass.

The city was pretty empty, as it was Shabbat: "Shabbat observance entails refraining from work activities, often with great rigor, and engaging in restful activities to honour the day." Anyhow, I was able to keep going and walk the city and did 36K+ steps and 25- km, which was pretty an accomplishment: my legs are still sore.

 


An Israeli coworker and friend of mine suggested a couple of spots, so I started from Tel-Aviv beaches, which reminded me Home, but better. Many people sunbathing, swimming, playing beachvolley and f
ootvolley. It was enhancing. I took also the change to enjoy an espresso, who had missed a lot in Ecuador. I also took my transition pic from Stop 2 to Stop 3, with my Galapagos Hat and David Ben Gurion Headstand Statue.




I then booked a ticket for the Tel Aviv Museum of Arts. It was a nice experience, even though many things were in Hebrew and not even a map in English (or Spanish) was available. I believe I fell in love with Calder, an artist I would like to explore more.

 

After an additional coffee, I walked through Neze Tzedek and Florentine, two cozy and nice neighborhoods, till joining old Jaffa:



 



Upon my friend suggestion, I walked up to King's George and Sarona market, where I enjoyed a delicious Shakshouka: many countries contend this meal, I cannot judge the paternity, but it was really yummy. Also, I could have spent hours just staying at Sarona market, getting fat by only looking at all the food there.

 


I took a Gett to get home: I was so happy that on Friday morning my account had been unblocked, after the unpleasant experience I had at the airport :)

After some technical issues with hot water - indeed, not a chance to take a hot shower starting with Ecuador :( - I hit the Tel-Aviv Port. I was amazed by a light event - I could have stared at it for hours.

 

I also took a decent amount of sugar for my body, after the long walk



Headed then home, trying to catch-up with some sleeps.

Overall it was a great day, many people were able to speak English to me, while some other decided it was not needed and kept repeating their sentences in Hebrew. :)

Getting Ready for Tell es-Safi

I still didn't realize today is the day. It's 9:07 AM July 11th, and I am about to start my Archaeological adventure. I tried to watch some videos yesterday, to get ready, but many things are so new to me, that I couldn't capture a lot. Can't wait to get the ball rolling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP 10 | Belize: snorkeling with the sharks in the Caribbean, eating lobsters + the Blue Hole

STOP 7 | Sicily: Home Sweet Home + little Health concern