Interregnum STOPS 10 and 11 | Chasing the Sun, losing my fav sweatshirt


Dedicated to the Real Friends, the ones who never say "I love you" but who are always there, the ones you ask: "How are you?" and you really mean it and are interested in their answer. The ones you can call at 3AM at night and they pick up the phone for you. And to the People who are late, at least 10 Years late: with good spirit and attitude, you have a lot to catch-up on, but you can make it!


I've just realized how lucky I was in both Iceland and Belize with the weather: I basically chased the sun inadvertently or probably the sun did chase me inadvertently.

In Iceland we got hit by the hurricane Larry only while driving and then we had pretty amazing weather (still for Iceland in September), despite cold: we could visit so many waterfalls, reach the ice cave, see the Northern lights, navigate the glacier lagoon, swim in the thermal baths, hike the active volcano. In Belize it basically happened the same: we got amazing weather while touring the ATM cave, and despite the wet arrival in Caye Caulker, we got 3 amazing days where we did snorkeling on the Reef, and the Blue Hole flight tour.

Obviously I had to lose something else in this stop: my favorite RSO sweatshirt - a sweatshirt with the logo of the Org in Google I work for at the moment. I am still pissed about it, I will try to ask some coworkers to sell me theirs, if they want. It's really important as I did design the logo.

This interregnum was relatively short: I did woke up early as I wanted to publish the previous article of the blog and finish packing: this was when I realized my sweatshirt was missing. Still upset. I got the chance to say Bye to Desire, as she was the first from our group to leave and I kept writing my post. The 5 of us, together with our guide Fidelio left the hotel at 8:30am, to reach the Caye Caulker dock, directed to Belize City and there Lily - a driver who works with Intrepid - brought us to the airport.





I reached Miami on time and even with US Customs it was pretty smooth, but I was still thinking about my sweatshirt...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP 10 | Belize: snorkeling with the sharks in the Caribbean, eating lobsters + the Blue Hole

STOP 7 | Sicily: Home Sweet Home + little Health concern

STOP 3 | Israel: Visiting TelAviv + Getting Ready for the Dig